The Occasional Papers are papers that significant works that generally stand alone are designed to generate informed discussion and new ideas that contribute to Army modernisation and the future of land power. The Occasional Papers seek both a domestic and global audience. Contributions from serving military personnel are encouraged, reinforcing Army’s commitment to the intellectual development of its people.
The themes are:
- Future of Army: Papers in this series will explore elements of how Army might operate in the future and make a contribution to the debate on the profession of arms.
- Conflict Theory and Strategic: These papers will add to the body of knowledge in the area of conflict theory and strategy.
- Command and Leadership: Papers in this series will seek to enhance the quality of leadership in the Australian Army.
- Human Performance: Papers in this series will focus on the development of human performance within Army to operate effectively in the modern battlespace.
- Operational Development: This series is focused on the development of the operational art.
- Technical Development: These papers will add significantly to the body of knowledge of technical developments which can enhance Army.
- Ethos and Ethics: This series will focus on ethical issues relating to conflict.
To submit an Occasional Paper, go to the Contribute page.